Expanded Data List

 

Hey Everyone!


I have been busy behind the scenes adding more species and tagging them within the yard. While I am still missing some major species and some sections haven't fully been combed through, we do have pretty good identification on larger plants at this point. 

Keeping the data within Google sheets has been useful as there is some tie in with Google Mymaps aswell, allowing for real time updating and tagging. This is particularly useful as I continue this journey mapping the yard. 


This project has been a bit to expansive in scope for myself to do this semester entirely, but I can easily identify my next steps.

Color coding points based on plant type
Adding a legend for said plant types
Establishing zones for larger more expansive plants such as Saw Palmettos rather than single points
Establishing sample squares 3x3 to determine ground cover species in different regions
Expanding survey into the wetlands
Adding more categories to expand information (Currently name, geospatial, + native/non-native)
Adding more data! (Currently at 191 entries)
Work during the winter and fall! (A little cooler)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Species Collection

Soil Survey Website