Climate Resource

 

Hey Everyone!


So, climate is a bit of an issue, especially in Florida. This year marks the worst lightning storms I have ever experienced on property. Bolts loud enough to cause actual hearing damage even. This is all occurring in a time of massive drought within the state as well. While fortunate as I can explore the wetlands and document life under the cypress canopy, I can't exactly call it good for the resident wildlife. 

These reasons, among many others, are more than enough to warrant careful documentation and respect. I did find a few sites of interest that could help me monitor and track various factors, aswell as a few media options to utilize them.

Weather Underground is a pretty awesome network of remote weather sensors that is basically entirely community organized. Similar to Bird Weather and their remote stations, they have a litany of interesting data to sift through for regions all across the globe!

What a fantastic forecast! This means I can enjoy Florida from the best viewing point, through a window in AC! Interestingly, they also have some historic records, stretching back to the 30's at one of the closer airports to me. 
However, perhaps the most important information for a Floridian to have, is access to the National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center (NHC). Potentially giving 7 days or more notice of any incoming tropical storms or severe weather events is a massive help for those who need it. At my home, we have everything short of a generator, but we do have backup systems and food and water sequestered away. 
I'd comment more, but I really do love Weather Underground, it's got a really clean UI and I feel like I could plug it into a smaller side screen and have it running.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Species Collection

Soil Survey Website